Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival

Sunday, Noah and I headed to the Sheep and Wool Festival (and let me tell you ladies, there was no begging or whining on my part to get him to go. He was completely willing...such a great guy). Admission was free, so once we parked the car, we walked right in to the Fairgrounds. We were starving and started the experience off with some Lamb Gyros. Kinda weird we were eating lamb at the festival considering there were lambs all around, but we wanted to try it considering we had never had a lamb gyro before. Afterwards, we wandered around trying to find all the yarn, and believe you me, it wasn't hard to find. But before we could make our way to the vendors, we got sidetracked by the cutest sheep! Noah took lots of pictures so I'll be sure to put up a link tomorrow. They were everyone these sheep, and considering how cute they were and how easy it would be never have to buy yarn, but tend to sheep, I am definitely contemplating owning my own sheep. I could keep it in the yard and anytime I needed more yarn for a project, I would just spin my own. Okay, maybe it's not that easy, but I sure would like to have a sheep for a pet. But, as the day wore on, we saw some sheep before, during and after the sheering process (not sure if that's the technical term) and though it may not hurt the poor sheep, it looks like it could be painful. Eh, not painful, just uncomfortable, kinda like a little kid getting his hair cut, squirming in the chair. After admiring all the animals, we walked the barns of the Fairgrounds, examining vendor after vendor. After a while, you saw the same stuff, just sold by a different person, but I didn't leave empty handed. I picked up some sock and other things I can't talk about yet cause they're presents. But as soon as they're given, I'll hopefully get some pictures and post. Gosh, it's frustrating not having my camera. Oh, woe to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home