Monday, May 15, 2006

Monday Musings

Mother's Day was wonderful yesterday. JaKnit, Vade and Noah came up to our neck of the woods for a late lunch at Eggspectations. If you've never been, you must try it. Though the wait can be long, especially on a Sunday, the food is worth it. Eggs, any way you want them, with other options for lunch and dinner (though breakfast is served all day long). Afterwards, Mom and I went home for a few minutes of R & R before we headed to a family gathering to celebrate Mother's Day. It was nice sitting around the table, listening to family stories, as I knit socks for Noah. I asked Mom, while in the car on our way home, if it was rude to be knitting while gathered with family. She reassured me that it wasn't rude, and actually, I find that talking while knitting keeps me more engaged in the conversation. Also, knitting is a great conversation topic, and it's one way to keep your family involved in what you love to do. They get to learn more about me and my passion of knitting, and I've learned quite a bit about the crafts they enjoyed during their lifetime. Hopefully I'll be able to post some pictures of my socks soon, since I got a call from Best Buy informing me that my camera was back from being repaired. I've felt so naked without my camera these past few weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home