Thursday, July 27, 2006

Twisted Socks

After completing Noah's socks and drooling over them to wear with Crocs, I grabbed some sock yarn before I left Charlottesville and started working on this pattern with this yarn in the Autumn color. The pattern calls for size 2 and size 3 dpns and involves a few tricky stitches. I shouldn't be surprised that the yarn, being so inexpensive and all, tends to separate into distinct strands, and doesn't have such a finished look. However, the pattern involves twisted stitches (hence, the pattern's name, duh) so it's not the end of the world that the plys of the yarn (sounds so technical but it's not, I just made that up) sometime separate. As with Noah's socks, I am knitting both socks at the same time, avoiding the one-sock syndrome. I'll try to take a picture tonight, but you know how I am with promising pictures...I always break my promise. But I promise to try real hard, I promise.

And if you need to laugh a bit today, check out this site...genius I tell you. Okay, maybe not genius but definitely gonna provide a few chuckles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home