Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Basketweave Baby Blanket


I finished the Knitting Olympics!! I spent the weekend at Fran and Pop pop's house in Plainview, which is always relaxing, giving me lots of time to knit up a storm (actually knit up a baby blanket). I love the way this blanket turned out. It's for my cousin who is expecting a baby soon. She doesn't know if it's a boy or a girl, so I went with the Antique White of Lion Brand's A Pound of Love. If you ever have to make a baby blanket, and you're on a tight budget, definitely use A Pound of Love. This is the second baby blanket I've made with it, and you will not be disappointed. For the third baby blanket that I'm making, I'm using the Oh So Soft Baby Blanket pattern and this time, I'm using A Pound of Love in Lavender.

But, before I go and start yet another project, I have vowed that I need to finish one incomplete project that I've neglected. Right now, I'm working on the third sock of four socks (two pairs). It's a long story, but to sum it up, I made two socks using Lion Brand's Magic Strips in the Stonewashed Blue Pattern that don't match, so I'm knitting up identical pairs for each of the non-matching socks. JaKnit and Maire wear their socks all the time, and especially with my Croc addiction and with Spring around the corner, I need to finish these darn socks. I vow that I will finish the third sock before I start another project. Let's hope I keep that vow!Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Always Freed said...

Here's the pattern for the blanket:

http://home.ripway.com/2005-10/459924/Patterns/BabyBlanket.pdf

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home