Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Hello Mountains...Here We Come!

It's official...we're moving to Charlottesville. I guess all that anal-retentive organization of the apartment hunt on Saturday paid off. As soon as I walked into the house, I was in love. Hardwood floors, screened in porch, 3 bedrooms (one in the attic with a den), a large backyard for grilling and entertaining, it truly is a beautiful house. Gorgeous, just gorgeous. And I won't talk numbers, but rent is good, not too shabby if I do say so myself. Of course, while on site, we couldn't resist asking what we needed to do to rent the place. We couldn't walk away from this house, we just couldn't. Of course we learned that someone was ahead of us, had already submitted their credit check, just waiting for the okay from the landlords. And from then on, it was a little touch and go, with ideas and notions of living in not such nice places, and smaller places and large big enormous places and phone calls to family asking what we should do and not do, driving everyone, I mean, everyone Mishuganah. Of course, I wanted to decide on a place, and Noah, being the reasonable and practical one kept himself (and me) level headed. Let's not rush, let's be sensible about this, it's not the end of the world. But, I just didn't want to accept that, cause I knew nothing would compare to this beautiful house. I mean, who in the heck would believe that you could rent a whole house this beautiful for such a reasonable price? But in the end, our prayers to the apartment renting goddesses were answered. The deciding phone call came last night, and leases were faxed and deposits were overnighted...it couldn't have been more beautiful. We hope all our friends and of course our family will come and visit. Heck, we have plenty of room for a long stay and plenty of grounds for Beans to cover. And by the way, I've already begun scoping out the closest yarn stores!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home