Monday, March 20, 2006

Recap on Grey's Anatomy

Since Ms. JaKnit was in cyclone land, she may not have seen Grey's Anatomy so let me just say this...Meredith Grey is a knitter!!!! Can you believe it? Don't worry, you didn't miss Meredith knitting last night, but we saw a glimpse of her knitting in two weeks. Not that we don't already, but we need to make sure we are all knitting with Meredith in two weeks, you know, to support knitters who are watching Grey's Anatomy, or, um, something like that..okay, we don't need a reason, I just like the idea of knitting while watching Meredith knit.

So, I'll try to recap what happened, using the episode guide from the show's website. It says "When a series of deaths occur at Seattle Grace, the uncanny events bring out the doctors' superstitious sides and make Izzie nervous about Denny's surgery. Meanwhile, Derek and Addison discuss making a more permanent living arrangement, and Richard treats a very special, old friend." To begin, I don't remember anything about Derek and Addison discussing making a more permanent living arrangement so if anyone has anything to say about that, fill us all in. Next story line: Alex and Izzie were assigned to Denny's case, prepping him for surgery cause he had a clot in his heart, and Alex being the a** that he is, told Denny that dying was a serious possibility, instilling in him true fear that he was going to die. Izzie got pissed that Alex told Denny he may die, and broke up with Alex. Izzie and Denny kissed at the end of the show, which was so sweet, and Alex acted like an a** again, yelling at George about the way he was reacting to the crisis with him and Meredith, telling everyone in the locker room that George was acting the way he was because he wasn't over Meredith and he was sick of the way he was moping around the hospital. Seriously, I do not like Alex one bit right now. I have a sincere dislike for him, deep down inside. Next Story Line: Dr. Burke's superstitious ritual is wearing his own scrub caps, you know the caps you tie around your head. Well, he was very upset when his caps hadn't arrived at the hospital. Christina, knowing that Dr. Burke was upset about not having his caps, told him that she had one of them and gave him an ultimatum - the cap in exchange for George moving out. Dr. Burke, being the smart and sexy man that he is, used his intellect and got George to try and get the cap back from Christina. In the end, Christina gave it back to Dr. Burke, but only after she told him that he didn't need it, because he was an excellent doctor. She even admitted that she kept the cap in her locker so that she could look at it everyday, since it reminded her of the type of doctor she wanted to be and why she wanted to be a surgeon. Very un-Christina-like, but very touching. Okay, Next Story Line: Going on theme of superstitious rituals, Addison has a ritual of giving everyone hot chocolate, which she calls Joo-Joo after an operation fails (May need a little clarity on this story line). Anyhow, Addison gave Meredith some Joo-Joo, which Dr. McDreamy witnessed and was impressed at her kindness toward Meredith. Addison admitted since Meredith and Dr. McDreamy were friends, by proxy Addison and Meredith were friends. Meredith took a sip of the Joo-Joo and then threw away the cup. Not sure if there was any significance in the fact that she threw away the cup, but the same thing happened again when one of Meredith's patients died after refusing to have surgery. Moral of the story is: Never deny Joo-Joo...or something like that. Again, may need some clarification on that story line. And then a few straggling stories - The doctor that likes George, the one who gave him her number the night he moved out of Meredith's house, was pissed at him because he didn't call. Well, he really wanted to go out with her, and so he called her, from his cell phone on her cell phone, while they were in the same room, apologizing for not calling sooner. It was very cute. Hmmm, I can't remember if there are any other major moments that I've forgotten to mention, but if I have, I'm sure Maire will fill us in.

In knitting news, Maire and I received our order from KnitPicks. I finally got the 2 skeins of Wool of the Andes in Daffodil that I was waiting for to make my Emma bag. The bag is knit from the top, and I've made it down to the handles. I can't wait for this bag to be complete! This is one of the few projects that I've come across and actually went looking for the exact yarn that the pattern calls for. Took some planning, which exercised my anal-rententiveness which often gets in the way of my knitting. I also ordered some sock yarn, but I can't remember the styles and colors, so I'll take some pics and post them.

Also, does anyone know if you can felt two different projects together in the same wash? I made a Booga Bag a while ago and I was thinking of putting them in the same wash to felt them. What do you all think about that?

2 Comments:

Blogger Maire said...

If you want to felt two things together, you should make sure that the colors don't run. When I was felting my bag for Jeannette, I did a test swatch first. I just quickly knitted a square (like 10sts/20rows or so) and felted that first. It's always better to be safe than sorry!
If you decide to do them separately, it's not a big deal at all. My bag only took about 5-10 minutes in the washing machine to felt, so you could do them one at a time in the same wash cycle.
Happy felting!

8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did u know what brand of cell phone meredith uses in this show?

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home