Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Reconnection

It’s been too long…but there’s good reason. You could say I’ve been kinda busy – graduated from law school, studied for this little test called the BAR exam (too bad I wasn’t spending the two months in a bar), and then, after a few days to recuperate (because of course I only needed a few days), I started my first job out of school working as a law clerk. But the most troublesome part of my new job is (okay, maybe not the most troublesome) the Michael’s store that’s on my way home. It calls to me and this is very bad considering my stash is way too big for my own good, I have so many ideas and I just can’t knit fast enough. I’ve had to resort to a huge basket in the kitchen to keep my acquisitions from yard sales. Yup, we finally found yarn at a yard sale over the summer and it was the most beautiful yarn ever (don’t worry, pictures are coming later tonight). JaKnit got her hands on some silk yarn in earth tones to which I look forward to see her creation. I snagged some hand dyed wool, 3 different hues of redish pink. I just wish my fingers could go faster, and my body wasn’t so exhausted from the working day. It’s hard being a working girl. After graduation from school and vowing to never return, I was looking forward to spending my evenings on the couch, knitting my heart out. Of course, there’s been a snag since the couch isn’t set up yet and I’m forbidden from going into the living room and sitting on that couch, especially since I sprayed ink everywhere (that’s a story for another time), so now, I’ve been going upstairs, lying on my bed, knitting needles in hand, and by 9:30, with Law and Order on in the background, I’ve fallen asleep. Not getting too much knitting accomplished. Maybe a few rows here and there. I have high hopes, with vacation coming up, and with my friend Amber’s wedding sneaking up on me, I have to make the off-white shawl to go with my new dress I snagged for $19.99 from Ann Taylor Loft. Why do I have a feeling that isn’t going to be finished by September 3rd?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home