Monday, May 22, 2006

Preggers

This weekend, Mom and I went to my cousin Stephanie’s baby shower in Denville, NJ. Though it was a long drive there and back for a few hours with family, it was worth it nonetheless. Mom and I got to spend some quality time together in the car, and really got into to silly conversations once the coffee kicked in.

We got to the country club where the shower took place, and there were a ton of friends and family there to celebrate with Stephanie. She looks absolutely gorgeous, with a beautiful round belly. I couldn’t help but touch it, which I know annoys many expecting mothers. Don’t worry, I asked first! She and her husband Adam have decided to not find out the gender of the baby, so it was lots and lots of yellow and green. Definitely convinced me to find out whether it’s a girl or a boy (when it’s time, which is not anytime soon – just to clarify), just to make it easier when preparing. Some guests said screw it and gave clothes that were obviously for either a boy or a girl. The best gift of all was a gift certificate to Merry Maids, which I think is a brilliant idea. It’s one of the most useful gifts for new parents.

Along with some yellow clothes, baby accessories and bath products for Stephanie to use when she gets home from the hospital, Mom and I gave Stephanie the white basket weave baby blanket that I knitted a while ago. I started it very soon after I found out Stephanie was preggers, so all I did this weekend was sew on one of my personalized labels.
I spoke to another pregger friend, Ginny, and she’s due in one week from today I haven’t decided whether to give her the pink or the purple baby blanket I have stashed. I should make up my mind soon cause from what Ginny said, she’s huge, ready to pop, and she’s ready for this child to be born already!

Here's a family pic from the baby shower:

From left to right - Me, Stephanie, Aunt Carole (Stephanie's mom/my dad's sister), mom, Kim (my cousin, married to cousin Jeff [Stephanie's brother/Carole's son])

And for those who were yard-sale-ing with me on Saturday, you will be pleased to know that I've already put to use two yard sale finds - see my shirt and my pants in this fuzzy picture? Yup, all from yard-sale-ing. I love yard sales!

1 Comments:

Blogger Always Freed said...

To see the blanket I gave Stephanie, click

http://jaknitters4.blogspot.com/2006/02/basketweave-baby-blanket.html

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home