Friday, March 24, 2006

I-Cord BO???

Does anyone know what "I-Cord BO" is? I mean, I know how to do an i-cord, and I know how to bind off, but I have never heard of an i-cord BO.
It's for my felted messenger bag (it's the large one, not the small one), and the instructions are:
"Using MC k52, using CC BO rem sts using I-Cord BO. At end of round, place I-Cord sts on st holder"
So, I'm a little confused. It sounds like I'm binding off using some weird method, but then it says to put the i-cord stitches on a holder, so it sounds like they weren't bound off at all. Am I just being dumb, or does that sound confusing?
Please somebody help me if you can, cause I'm so psyched about this bag!

4 Comments:

Blogger Always Freed said...

This is what I've found:

The stitches to be bound off are on the left needle
Cast on 3 stitches onto the left needle
*Knit 2, knit 3rd stitch together with next stitch from body, slip the 3 stitches back onto left needle and repeat from *

If you go to http://www.purlingswine.com/purlingswine/2005/02/icord_slide_sho.html, you'll find a mini slide show but I don't think it's that helpful. But the directions above seem to make sense.

4:05 PM  
Blogger Always Freed said...

Also check out this site:

http://knittingatnoon.com/atticord.html

Not only are there written instructions but there's a video. I know how you like knitting videos!

4:17 PM  
Blogger Always Freed said...

Okay, last set of instructions. It can't hurt, right?

Cast on 3 stitches by backward loops on the right needle. Slide these 3 stitches onto the left needle. *Knit 2, knit 2 together, slide 3 stitches to the left needle.* Repeat until the entire edge is bound off. Then, using the tail of the yarn, graft the 3 remaining stitches to the 3 cast-on stitches, and fasten off.

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is just too much BO for me!

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home